Monday 31 October 2011

Stash-busting Corinne

While I have many projects on the go right now, I didn't have any nice simple knitting to do.  I like to read forums and blogs while doing mindless knitting so I had to find a project.  I also want to make a dent in the wool stash so I found some Cleckheaton Studio Mohair, an 8 ply acrylic/mohair blend I bought years and years ago.

I'm not sure why I bought it looking at it now.  While I guess it's pretty in a way, I'm not a big fan of fluff which is kind of the definition of mohair yarn!  The colours are a bit pale too- sort of a bluey green with pink sections.  The point being, it was hard to find a pattern, and harder still to know if I'll like the finished result!

Chekheaton Studio Mohair

I ended up settling for Corinne, a Knitty pattern, for two reasons.  One is that I don't want to spend money on a pattern when I may not like the finished result due to the yarn (and I hate knitting the same pattern twice).  The other is that while the knitting is about as simple as it can get, the construction is interesting being a sideways knitted garment.  I like the idea and am interested to see how the shaping works.

So here is the result of the first day of knitting.  I have 9 more repeats of the side row increases before I hit the sleeves so this will take me a while.  But it's about as mindless as you can get since it's made in garter stitch with short row increases for the shaping!

Corinne started

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.