Tuesday 11 October 2011

Julliette crochet scarf beginings...

With my owls now finished it's time to find a new project.  What with me being me, there are about five actively in the queue with many more that are sort of sidling in and hoping no one makes a fuss.

This project is one that I bought in 2010 at the Melbourne Craft fair but I can't find it available anywhere online.  It is a crochet project, a craft I'm only just getting into, and is basically lots of granny squares of different sizes made from DMC Perle Coton that are then sewn (or crocheted- have not decided yet) together to make a scarf.  Below is the kit and the squares that I have done so far.  I love the colours.  Not in your face bright but not all pale pastels either.

Juliette scarf beginings
The only downside is that crochet is not a task I can do without looking the way that knitting is (especially plain knitting). So while I can knit and read at the same time, I can't crochet and read. I can crochet and watch TV though so this will become my 'sit and watch TV project' while I will still need a 'sit and read' project. And then there are sit and just do craft projects... Me, addicted? 

Anyway, this is going to be a project that takes some time.  The advantage of making lots of squares is that it will be a good project to pick up and put down without risk of loosing track of where I am.  The only other think I need to worry about is how to join my squares and when to start- on one hand having all the squares done will mean I can optimise the colour placement.  But on the other hand, that will make a BIG slog when it comes to putting it together.  I think I'll make sections at a time- I've got about enough squares to start so I'd better go and work out my joining technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.