Monday 3 October 2011

Don't you hate that 'Did I...' feeling of doom?

*sigh*  So I was happily knitting away this evening on my second sleeve of my Procrastinating Owls when I had that horrible feeling.  That nagging little thought that can not be dismissed.  In other words, 'Did I remember to change up to the larger needle size after doing that rib...'

Then that hope of 'perhaps I did but I just forgot... I'm sure it will be fine' 

*glance at sleeve now at elbow length* 
*think about needle sizes and stitch gauges*
*wonder if having symmetrical arms is really THAT important*
*realises that cutting one arm off to keep things even is A) a tad extreme and B) would severely hamper future knitting and crafting activities*
*checks needle size on needle gauge*
*grabs another needle gauge in case first was... wrong...  Um heat or quantum or something... Hey, it could happen...*

*sighs and sadly pulls needle out of work*

Time to knit sleeve to elbow (30-40 cm long)? About 8 hours.


Time to frog down to the ribbing again?  About 60 seconds


Urge to cry and/or swear?  Rising...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.