Sunday 2 October 2011

Finished stuff- September doings

I've finished a few things recently that I want to show off, but since I bought them as kits I can only provide links, not instructions.  Still, it's nice to have a wrap up of the end of the month craft doings.  Sorry for those for those looking for projects.  But they are really awesome kits so if you do like them, feel free to go and by one.

First of all is this lovely bracelet I bought, a Chainmaille crystal weave bracelet.  Little fiddly to get the hang of the maille technique but once you do the results are great.  I think the bracelet looks a little bit like a honey bee- I'm tempted to get some small black links and try modifying the pattern to make a honey bee bracelet.  If I do, I'll post some instructions.

Next is a part of a birthday present for my niece who will be turning 3 next week.  It was going to be something she could play with a bit but it turned out to be just too impractical for that.  The small pots and such are too unbalanced so had to be glued down.  But it's pretty and I know her Mum already made a few for the wall of her room because we bought the kits at the same time for... wait for it... $5 each!  Bargain or what!  No online link for it, but if you are in Melbourne then Theo's Discount Craft in Boronia (outer eastern suburbs) is well worth a visit.  They have lots of import stuff, mainly jewellery findings and sewing stuff but also a random mix of other stuff too.

Next, I didn't make these but my Mum is an awesome card maker and my go-to stop for card supplies.  I need a few thank-you cards I need to give in a few weeks to my awesome teaching placement mentor teachers (I have to go back to finish my time at the end of the month).  She made these this week and they were so pretty and suitable I nicked them on the spot:

And now to wrap this post up, here's my procrastinating owls in progress.  I've done the body and one sleeve up to the armpits so I'm just about to cast on for the second sleeve.  And in terms of assignments I now only have one large evil one left (total blank so I guess I'll start it next week) and a few smaller pieces that I'll get around to eventually :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.