Saturday 5 November 2011

Stumpwork- my first ever project

OK, this post is just a little brag.  I've just finished (mounted and everything) my very first stumpwork project.  Since it was also one of the first embroidery projects I've done (before this I was mainly a cross stitcher) it meant that from the start I was learning many new skills (thank goodness for embroidery stitch books!).

I bought this as a kit several years ago at a big Craft Fair.  I love the little details in it- the little bees are only a few millimetres across and yet so adorably cute!

The pattern is called 'Garland of Flowers', designed by Jane Nicholas and appeared in Inspirations magazine, Issue No 38 if you are interested in doing one of your own.  I can attest that even if you are a complete beginner at stumpwork, this design is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.