Saturday 12 November 2011

Stash-busting car blanket finished


P1020195
There, not bad for 12 days work. Of course, that's 12 days of fairly solid knitting and no other craft projects to speak of (well I did finish a few other little things off but as it's for a secret Hogfather present I have to wait to post about them).   I ended up taking a photo in the garden because the reflections off the glass means the in situ photo would've looked rubbish.  And because I didn't finish this until nearly 5 pm on a lovely sunny afternoon, the only bit of sun I could find in the garden was a little dappled.  Still, the colours are lovely (the blue matches my car) and now I can sit back and work out what my next project will be.

The pattern was nice and simple- perfect for sitting and knitting on autopilot while reading. The corners are a little annoying at first but after the first one or two become easy to 'read' so are not too hard, just a little fiddly.  And you have to do less of them to straight bits the more the blanket grows so they become a little exciting as indicators of the blanket growing.  And even better- I lucked out with the amount of yarn so didn't get nearly to the end of a side only to find I wouldn't have enough and would have to frog.  Yay!  The only bummer is that the last ball had been wound in reverse to the other 7 balls?  Anyone else found that happen with a commercial yarn with a slow colour change?  Because I know I would be really ticked if I had been making a garment for example and found that one sleeve stripped the opposite way to the other.

In other news, I signed up for a tatting class next that starts next week.  I'll post the results, provided I have not tied my fingers together so I can't type!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.