Thursday 24 November 2011

Alice wristees

When browsing my ravelry queue in search of something to make, I came upon the wonderful White Rabbit wristees (think something similar to a glove with no thumb and no fingers- it covers your thumb and palm).  Despite the fact I am technically not allowed to buy wool, I had to make these- which meant I had to buy two balls of Rowan kidsilk haze.  Wonderful wool (totally unbelievably soft and fuzzy) and the colours work together brilliantly.  All I have to do is find a few pretty little buttons to add to finish them off.

Alice wristees
So a few tips if you are planning on making it yourself:
  • Make sure your cast on and off are nice and loose.  I used a long tail cast on but for the first wristee I made was a bit too tight, the second one I made looser and it's much easier to pull that one on.
  • I might also make it a bit longer (so further down the wrist) if I made it again- just work another inch before doing the increase. This is a personal taste/ hand size thing so you may or may not want to follow this advice!
  • And finally, don't make these at the start of summer, where ever you are, since I'm going to have to pack them away for cool weather *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.