Saturday 30 July 2011

Embroidered card

Here is the first project I acquired from the Melbourne Craft and Quilt fair this year.  Not only the first to post about here, but the first completed (rather impressive if you consider that there are unfinished and unstarted projects from previous years in the cuboard!)

This was such a sweet little kit that I couldn't resist.  It was also a nice quick little project- I picked it up and started it yesterday when I got home from the craft fair and I finished it this morning.  The kit was made by Rowandean and is called Foxgloves at Roadside.

Pros: nice and cheap but provides everything needed including window card, threads, needle and envelope.
Cons: the pattern is printed in permanent ink so when making it up all the printing must be covered which was tricky for the pink flowers.  Also, the instructions for the foxgloves on the left didn't say what sort of stitch to use so I just sort of winged it.

A rather English scene but given how simple it was to do, I'm somewhat curious if a similar scene could be given an Australian feel- just swap the tree to a gum tree and yellow the grass off a bit more.  Perhaps turning the fence into a post and wire fence.  Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.