Monday 20 June 2011

Strange crafts

I'm on uni holidays right now so I've been able to indulge my crafty side.  All those kits, magazines and webpages that I've accumulated over the years intending to get around to, I've dug out and at least looked at the packet, if not attempted!

Right now I'm taking a breather from my first attempt at making felted wool balls that will ultimately be decorated and turned into a broach- a kit I bought from the Melbourne Craft Fair a few years ago.  The process is very simple- essentially you are using warm water and soap to turn long fibres of wool (merino) into small dense felted balls.  These can then be embroidered or otherwise decorated and then essentially used as beads.

But there are never enough craft projects- I always love learning something new.  So what does a girl do when looking for something new to do?  Hit google, of course.  Unfortunately with search engines, they don't always give you what you are looking for.  I typed 'strange craft' into google and got- pages filled with links about UFOs. *sigh*  Time to go refine some search terms...

Do you have any suggestions for interesting crafts to try?  Feel free to leave some suggestions in the comments section- my only limiting factor is my budget.  Some start-up costs (assuming I can't make do with stuff in my assorted crafts stashes) is OK but if, for example, I need to go an buy a kiln, then sorry, no can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.