Sunday 13 January 2013

Shrinkies... kindof.

I saw an interesting pin on Pinterest that suggested that plastic containers that looked to be that found from the supermarket bakery items would be used to make Shrinkies.  Sadly, I broke rule one on Pinterest (that rule that seems to be rather common to break if Pinstrosity is any guide!)- I didn't read the original link.  So instead of cool shrinkie stuff, I've got a bit of a disaster instead.  D'oh!




See after the fact I realised that I used Type 1 plastic while shrinkie plastic is actually type 6.  Type 1 plastic it turns out does shrink a bit but also curls up randomly and turns white after heading.  And even my Chinese take out container I used in desperation (bottom right) turned out not to shrink at all.

An investigation of my fridge and cupboards for type 6 plastic was futile, so it looks like if I do decide I want to play with some shrinkie ideas I'll have to splash out for sheets instead.  Oh well!

1 comment:

  1. Think we had a discussion on the type - maybe raid sister and mother's stashes?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.