Monday 28 January 2013

A bit of a dye-lema

OK, apparently dyeing causes an irresistible urge to pun when making blog posts!  Fortunately for you I've finished for the present and here is the result of those experiments.  My previous post showed my colour experiments with some mini melusine samples.

Well I decided to go with a blue green system but to tweak the colours a little to brighten them up.  I gathered my supplies and set up my base of operations, supervised by my neighbour's cat (you can just see her legs at the top of shot.

All I had to do was paint in each block.  Nice and simple.

Four and a half hours later, one major disaster when one of the dyes tipped over onto the shawl and having to remix both the light green and blue stocks and I was very happy to take this photo because it meant I was done!




It's now wrapped up and bagged in some black plastic bags to let it heat set in the car.  Typically to my luck so far, the weather has become a little cooler (now I want a 40+ C day, there's none to be seen on the forecast!).  Still, it could've been much worse and I'm cautiously pleased with the results. I won't be 100% sure of results until I give it a wash and see that the dye has properly set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.