Sunday 30 July 2017

The little travel scarf that wasn't

A few weeks ago I was set to go to the USA for the first time!  I had everything packed but for one thing- something to take in case I felt the urge to craft.  Particularly because it had to fly, it had to be small and lightweight so anything with lots of tools was right out.

I ended up deciding to find a knitting project and I went to the Bendigo Craft Alive with that in mind.  I bought several balls of lovely wool (Erm, I think several equals 6-7... oops) and thought that a nice lacy scarf of a lovely fluffy wool could be good.  I grabbed a nice rainbow yarn 'Damasco' by Bella Storia and cast on a few days before I was due to go to get it going. It was very simple- K1, yo, K2 tog.  Start with an odd number of stitches and you can make it as wide or as long as you like.  Perfect for fluffy yarns as the fluff fills in the holes a bit and it feels squooshy once made up.

Erm, well I finished it before I was due to fly out.  Ooops.  I only just got the fringe on though so here is my little travel scarf that didn't.
The irony is that I didn't need the replacement project either- I didn't end up touching it the entire trip!  Still, if I didn't have it then I would've really wanted to do something but not be able to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.