Saturday 13 December 2014

Holidays!

Horray!  It's the most wonderful time of the year!  Not because of Christmas, but because I am now on HOLIDAYS!   *runs around madly flailing arms like Kermit*

I've been very productive so far.  Well, I've left the house, which is kind of like being productive.  Went to Bunnings to look for a Christmas present for my sister. I sadly didn't find what she wanted but I did buy some lavender to replace the one that kind of... died.  Turns out that plants need water... go figure.

Anyway, I also used a 15% off voucher I had for Spotlight for something that may feature in a future post, bought some shoes (exciting, I know!) and wandered around a market that was on in town.

Then I had my LIFE THREATENING EXPERIENCE!  *dramatic music would play here if it wasn't for the fact it would be a) a pain to do and b) break rule one of the internet and force someone to listen to a webpage*

Living up here in rural Victoria, I knew that redback spiders were much more common than in suburban Melbourne.  But after three years, I started to figure that it was more an issue if you were out on the edges of town.  At least until I moved a pot of dead lavender (see above) and saw a FREAKING ENORMOUS ONE!!!!
Run away! Run away!  And yes, my first instinct on seeing my first wild redback spider was to take a photo- after being satisfied it wasn't about to leap over and eat me.  I blame the internet.
Several meters in width... Um, the camera makes it seem smaller...  Anyway, lets just say that my initial plan of potting up the new lavender was deferred as I lost my interest in gardening at that point.  That and I'd forgotten I had run out of potting mix...

So anyway, I'm back and I have lots of ideas battling it out in my head and already have a few half done projects I'm working on to post here so expect a return to regular posting.

Stay safe everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.