Monday 1 July 2013

Little things during the holidays

Some of these have not been worth a full post so here's a round-up of the crafty things I've done over the last few months.

First some polymer clay toadstools.  This was a Pinterest inspiration and looked simple enough that my basic skills could manage.  Only suggestion I'd make if you wanted to DIY is to make the stalks around a toothpick or skewer to make it a bit easier to stick them into the pot.  This would not be as vital if they didn't apparently scream 'attack me!' to my neighbours cat who has shuffled them around and played with them as soon as I added them.  All I can say is that it's a good thing my neighbour's cat is cute and friendly!

Next is a pretty silver bracelet I got the kit for from the last Melbourne Craft Fair.  I love the three dimensional nature of it!

This little bag was another kit- it has a cool little pinch to open bendy clasp and the bag fabric is pretty (another Craft Fair purchase- the website for the shop is here).


And since one of my unfinished holiday projects was this post, here's another from these holidays.

It is a secret compartment keyring by Silkstone Designs.  It's yet another kit project that I bought on the last holiday that was on (camping down at Inverloch).  Doesn't everyone buy craft stuff as souvenirs?  Not that it was all smooth sailing on this one.  Can you spot the mistake in the example below?
I'd plug this one but the website listed on the back of the instructions is dead and I couldn't find any online.  The only thing I can suggest is that if you are in the area, swing by Coal Creek Historic Park and check out the obligatory little shop.  If you are in the area you should swing by anyway- I like old parks like that :D

Oh, and as always, I don't get kickbacks from anyone.  If I've linked to something it's because I bought it and liked it.  Not that I would be against plugging something for a fee- it's just the opportunity has never come up! Now it's back to the pile of half done stuff...


2 comments:

  1. Did you happen to plant catnip in the pot?
    You have a niece who loves little toadstools. Did you know fairies live under them?
    You certainly have more patience than I do when it comes to the type of projects you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pot has some lavender which was there for several months before the toadstools. I think she was just bored and wanted to test their potential as toys in her domain. Thankfully, the novelty has worn off!

    Of course I know fairies live under toadstools. I debated putting little chimney's and doors on but decided that they were less likely to be mucked up if I didn't- and they were the fastest craft projects I have done in a very long time. Only took about and hour to make including baking them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.