Sunday 15 July 2012

More Nine Patch Quilt Blocks

Many moons ago I started a nine patch sampler quilt as a way of learning some new skills.  One patch of procrastination later and I have learnt a number of things.

While straight lines are easy...
They can get more complicated when the fabric pieces become smaller...




But put together in the right way make pretty stars.  This is my favourite block so far.
However, multiple pieces coming to a point are nearly impossible (I hate to think about how many times I had to unpick and redo seams on this one.  Lets just say that this block and the next were responsible for me packing things away for so long)...
 And curves are Abominations Unto Nuggan and should be banned!  This patch is called Drunkards Path and I think that's because it describes the quilter after making a quilts worth of these blocks!

Still two blocks to go before I face the next saga- putting it all together and quilting it. 

2 comments:

  1. What, no quilling? With your talents, I can think of many discworld artifacts you could come up with! (Plus, it is the cheapest craft ever.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really gotten into quilling. Part of my problem is that I like to at least pretend I'll have a useful product at the end. Since I live in a rental property that frowns on holes in the walls the last thing I need are more pictures to hang.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.