Monday 6 February 2012

Tatted necklace

Long time, no blog! Blame it on a combination of starting a new job and all that stress it involves and the joy of moving- nothing saps creative energy like unpacking boxes and putting together flatpack furniture.  Which is a pity really, because I've always thought of flatpack furniture as the grown-up version of a giant lego kit!

I only have a small post- a cute little necklace that I made on the weekend before starting my new job as a teacher.  Things will probably remain fairly quiet from me as things I do in the classroom like using osmosis to shrink and expand eggs don't really fit in a craft blog (fun though- dissolve an egg in vinegar over a day or two, then place it in either pure water or a highly concentrated sugar or salt solution and see what happens).

Close up view of necklace

Necklace pinned out for blocking- curve at end due to me running out of cork board!
The necklace was from the book 'Easy Tatting' by Rozella F. Linden and was made using purple crochet cotton and black swarovski crystals.  I think it looks pretty good, can't wait to wear it out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But spammers, not so much. Hence why it will take a day or so for comments to appear.